If you have noticed a hearing problem or child has been diagnosed with a hearing loss, early intervention is critical for your child’s overall language and brain development. Studies show that early intervention will provide the best opportunity for improved language development, increased academic success and overall best health and wellbeing for the child.
Platinum Hearing offers a variety of pediatric audiology services:
- Board Certified Doctor of Audiology
- Tympanometry/Immittance Testing for assessing Middle Ear Function and Otitis Media Issues
- Otoacoustic Emissions Testing/Screening ages newborn to adult
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry for children ages 6 months to 2 years or developmentally delayed
- Play audiometry for children 2 years and up
- Central Auditory Processing Testing for ages 5 and up
- Complete Audiological Evaluations for ages 5 & up
- Custom Swim plugs for chronic OM/PE Tubes
- Hearing Aid Service, Repairs, and Fittings all ages
You don't have to live with hearing loss.
Talk to the Experts.
Signs & Symptoms of Potential Early Childhood Hearing Loss
- Failed New Born Hearing Screening
- Chronic Ear Infections
- Family history of hearing loss
- Difficulty with speech/language/articulation
- Difficulty hearing in the presence of noise
- Poor reading skills/ability
- Difficulty with multi-step directions
- Slow/delayed responses to verbal stimuli
- Child watches for visual cues/body language/comes closer to sound source